The Speech Therapist is responsible for the evaluation, planning, directing, and administering of occupational therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician. Administers treatments and occupational agents as prescribed by a referring physician in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
The Speech Therapist must be able to bend at the waist, stand, sit and push. Must have good vision, and hearing. Must possess good written and communication skills to deal with the public, hospital physicians, and staff.
Duties and Responsibilties:
- Responds to requests for evaluation within 24-hour time frame.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff, and administrative staff as appropriate.
- Demonstrates documentation that clearly represents the client status.
- Observes and evaluates treatment affect, recommending changes to physician, if needed.
- Performs an appropriate assessment on each patient as related to the therapy requested and provided, and reassesses as per patient needs.
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs and evaluated effectiveness of learning. Family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of Speech Therapy modalities.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Adheres to hospital dress code as outlined in the Boulder City Hospital Personnel Policies and Practices Handbook; appearance is neat and clean.
- Completes annual educational requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements, state and federal regulations and standards.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled. Completes work within designated time.
- Wears identification while on duty.
- Completes in-services and returns in timely fashion.
- Attends committee, QI and management meetings, as appropriate.
- Maintains bi-weekly time sheet per department policy
Education and Experience Required:
- Current Licensure as Speech Therapist.
- Graduate from an approved school of Speech Therapy;
- At least one (1) or more years of precious experience in all aspects of Speech Therapy.
- Current BCLS (CPR) certification.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.