To identify the professional qualifications and skills required to be assigned to the nursing staff of the Surgical Services Department.
Provides direct, individualized patient care in accordance with Boulder City Hospital, Inc. polices and procedures and the established standards of nursing care and practice in the surgical setting. Promotes restoration of health and achievement of patient health goals through assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of psychosocial, physical and general aspects of the delivery of patient care related to the surgical environment. Demonstrates the primary goal of efficiently providing services that exceed customer expectations and improves clinical and financial operations
Duties and Responsibilties:
The following description of the job responsibilities and performance expectations are intended to reflect the major responsibilities of the job, but is not intended to describe the minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential functions. The Registered Nurse-Pre-Op/PACU provides individualized and specialized nursing care to patients in the surgery department in accordance with physician’s orders, recognized nursing standards, legal aspects of current nurse practice within the state following policy and procedures. Functions cooperatively with physicians and staff exhibiting teamwork characteristics. Demonstrates initiative, insight, and judgment in decision-making process. Ability to adapt to various personalities and maintain a good working relationship
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Basic computer knowledge and skills
- Function in an environment that frequently produces a high level of stress and mental fatigue
- Organizes on a continuum due to the changing status of the patients and the environment
- Pushing, pulling and lifting of patients and/or equipment
- Dexterity skills needed for patient treatment
- Safely manage exposure to blood and body fluids and other hazardous materials
- Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing and/or walking
- Mechanical ability to deal with a large number of machines and special equipment
Education and Experience Required:
- Graduate of an accredited program of professional nursing
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Nevada
- Current BLS certification (and re-certify every two years)
- Current ACLS (and re-certify every two years)
- Skills to maintain effective communication with patients, families and other members of the health care team.
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience in Critical Care and (1) year PACU experience.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.