To provide optimal patient care according to current nursing standards. The Acute Care Nurse is accountable to the Acute Care Manager.
The Acute Care Nurse is accountable and responsible for the provision and coordination of clinically competent care of assigned group of patients that includes assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation. As a member of the clinical care and unit team, the RN participates in decision-making, teaching, leadership functions, research and quality improvement activities that enhance patient care outcomes and unit operations
Duties and Responsibilties:
The Acute Care RN will be assigned a home base department to orient and complete their Introductory Period. Based upon knowledge and experience, individual interest and needs of the facility, the Acute Care RN will be oriented to, cross trained and reassigned to one or more of the following departments as needed: Emergency, House Supervisor, Intensive Care Unit, Med/Surg/Telemetry and Outpatient Services. The Acute Care RN is a professional care giver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the therapeutic environment, treatment, and modalities and interdisciplinary collaboration within the scope set forth for Registered Nurses. The Acute Care Nurse provides high risk nursing care or performs high-risk procedures. This individual may function as team leader of an assigned unit or area and shift. Where nursing care is provided, the nursing process of assessing, diagnosing, outcome identification, planning, implementing and evaluating is the basis for care delivered. The Acute Care Nurse supports professional nursing care across practice setting and continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family. The Acute Care RN provides direction and guidance to other care givers such as a Licensed Practical Nurse, Certified Nursing Assistant or Unit Clerk. This individual must possess a high degree of personal flexibility and well-developed communication skills to accommodate mid-day assignment changes.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Continual implementation of excellent care that assures rapid and optimal recovery.
- Works directly with other departments and medical staff to assure provision of highest standard for total patient care.
- Patient and family teaching to enhance patient’s understanding of his needs and potentially accelerate recovery.
- Liaison activities (e.g., rounds with medical staff) to promote a better understanding between patients, nursing staff and medial staff thus assuring continued quality of communication and care.
- Meeting individual need through administration and maintenance of comfort, treatment, medication, intravenous infusion and health care.
- Accurate documentation, reporting and in-depth nursing observation to assure continuity of total patient care.
- Thorough evaluation of the patient during admission, hospital stay and through discharge.
- Working knowledge of hospital-wide Order Entry.
- Knowledge of and cooperation with personnel policies regarding the staff nurse position.
- Provide moral support to nursing staff, co-workers and medical staff.
- Possesses the following qualities: flexibility with scheduling systems; positive attitudes; easy adjustment to work load increase and demands; maintenance of good physical health.
Education and Experience Required:
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current Licensure by the Nevada State Board of Nursing.
- Current ACLS Certification.
- Current PALS Certification required for staff whose home base is the Emergency Department.
- Current BLS Certification.
- Capable both physically and mentally for:
a. Close work with patients, their families, nursing staff and medical staff.
b. Demands of walking and standing most of duty time as well as lifting of patients while caring for their needs.
- Performs other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.