To provide quality patient care services as directed by supervisor in a courteous manner, thoroughly explaining each procedure to the patient before beginning and helping to provide a pleasant, comfortable, positive atmosphere for the patients.
Gives direct patient care, such as bathing, dressing, and feeding patients, and assisting in examinations and treatments. Ability to lift, walk, carry and stand.
Duties and Responsibilties:
- The following procedures may include, but are not limited to:
- Proper handwashing techniques
- Making of unoccupied and occupied bed
- Bathing – bed, tub, shower and Arjo bathing unit
- Temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure
- Preparing patient for meals
- Passing trays
- Feeding patients
- Serving nourishments and record
- Observe and record food and fluid intake and output
- Record percentage of food eaten by patient
- Use of assistive feeding devices
- Passing of fresh water
- Nail care, except diabetic patients
- Back rubs
- Give and remove bedpans and urinals
- Escort patients to and from activities
- Principles of good body mechanics
- Correct positioning and alignment of patient
- Prevention and care of contractures and deformities
- Moving of patients in bed
- Transfers, bed to chair, chair to tub and chair to toilet
- Routine ambulation
- Prevention and care of pressure sores
- Principles and application of routine R.O.M.’s
- Bowel and bladder re-training and recording
- Cleaning of patient care equipment
- Weekly summaries charting of ADL’s, if indicated by change of patient status
- Isolation techniques
- Weight taking and recording height measurement and recording
- Recording of patient personal inventory list
Education and Experience Required:
1. Current Nevada Licensure as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the State of Nevada.
2. Current BLS Certification.
3. Able to follow oral and written instructions and write simple records under supervision.
4. Understands the need for confidentiality of information gained while performing the job
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.