Provide cleaning services as assigned in accordance with established guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
Duties and Responsibilties:
1. Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the Environmental Services Department.
2. Performs routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators and stairways in a clean, neat and sanitary manner.
3. Completes work assignments in a timely manner.
4. Utilizes the appropriate chemicals, supplies and cleaning techniques according to procedure and manufacturers recommendations.
5. Observes safety precautions at all times. Uses safety signs and WET FLOOR signs for cleaning where appropriate.
6. Uses, cleans and maintains equipment correctly and safely.
7. Follows all infection control practices including hand-washing techniques, Standard Precautions and isolation precautions.
8. Reports safety hazards as appropriate.
9. Replenishes supplies at the end of the day for the cart and the closet(s) used.
10. Always introduces self to patients, families and visitors.
11. Assists visitors with directions whenever requested.
Skills and Abilities Required:
Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
1. Basic math skills are required.
2. Able to apply basic reasoning skills.Able to follow oral or written instructions.
3. Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks.
4. Able to work effectively with Hospital staff, patients and patient families to promote efficiency and provide quality patient care.
5. Available to work varying schedule of hours and days as workload warrants.
Education and Experience Required
1. High school graduate or equivalency requried
2. Previous experience with institutional cleaning desirable
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.