Ability to lift, walk, carry and stand. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are represented of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Completes position responsibilities following established guidelines and protocols within the appropriate time frame.
- Demonstrates the ability to set priorities and optimally uses work time.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness in job tasks.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform work in an accurate and timely manner in periods of increased work load and high stress.
- Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions.
- Follows established procedure in performing job functions.
- Exhibits willingness to master new skills.
- Consults supervisor for additional assignments or independently assumes responsibility for unassigned tasks.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities as needed to continually improve their department’s performance
- Regularly collects data to provide input and/or feedback to appropriate customers/suppliers (i.e., teams, supervisors, co-workers, vendors, nursing agencies) to improve work.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the job by seeking guidance and direction as necessary for optimum performance of daily assigned duties.
- Employee continually strives to make productive use of time through careful coordination of daily tasks, setting priorities, and reducing non-essential interruptions in order to complete the job during the allocated time.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in conjunction with the team to safely and effectively contain and/or restrains patient who becomes assaultive and out of control.
- Monitors patient, as assigned, every 15 minutes for behaviors and safety and documents at time of contact. Reports off to staff before leaving for break or lunch to ensure 15 minute safety checks or other duties are completed. Report findings to nurse as instructed.
- Understands all precautions as fall, elopement, suicide, hip, swallowing and any precautions as ordered.
- Understands validation techniques in caring for patients with dementia.
- Participates in group activities as directed.
- Serves meals, assists with feeding as necessary, determines amount of food and fluid intake and output and records them on the proper forms.
- Carries out personal hygiene procedures daily for patients, such as baths, oral hygiene, skin care, hair care, foley care, and decubitus preventive care. Must be able to assist in patient transfers.
- Orients all new patients admitted to unit and completes all admission paperwork in timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilties:
- Demonstrates good skills in all forms of communication. Works well with others in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Accepts and acts upon constructive criticism.
- Interacts and communicates with others in a way that promotes a positive and cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrates initiative and enthusiasm in performing job duties.
- Willingness to adjust personal schedule in case of workload fluctuations or other departmental needs.
- Channels concerns appropriately.
- Fosters sense of teamwork and collaboration within the department and Hospital.
- Provides input, suggestions, and support appropriately.
- Maintains composure and professionalism during difficult situations.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- CNA with one to two years experience in Rehab/Geri Psych patient care or Long Term Care.
- Current CPR or scheduled to be completed.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices, emergency procedures, and personal protective equipment.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.