As an Emergency Department Nurse, you will focus on quality care, head to toe assessment, accurately assigns triage categories for patients from pediatrics to geriatrics. Boasting a staff of Board Certified Emergency Room Physicians on site 24/7 and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certified Nurses and trainers, we are proud of our ability to handle life threatening situations, arising from sudden onset of illness, accident or injury. The Emergency is always ready to serve the community with both technology and excellence in care with our 8 bay department.
Treat patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and families. Functions as liaison between administrators, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers. 7. Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served. Able to interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
2. Ability to perform a head to toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes pediatric, adolescent, and geriatric patients and the general patient population.
3. Ability to monitor hemodynamic status of patients and correctly interprets the results.
4. Accurately assigns triage categories.
5. Maintain accurate and continued nursing documentation including patient histories, conditions, treatments, responses and assessment of changes.
Skills and Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Problem Solving:1. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities necessary for the position.
2. Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures.
3. Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as dosages, percents, proportions, area circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
4. Reasoning Ability – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
5. Supports philosophy, objectives and goals of the Emergency department.
6. Performs within limits of State Nurse Practice Act, Code of Ethics for Nurses, hospital policies and procedures.
7. Acts as a resource person regarding patient care, specialty areas, orientation and teaching of staff.
8. Strives for excellence in patient care and, as necessary, challenges and/or corrects errors of peers to ensure patient safety and well being.
Education and Experience Required
1. Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, or six months to one year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Must have knowledge of database software, Internet software, spreadsheet and work processing software.1. Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing with one year of Emergency or Intensive Care nursing.
2. Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse by the Nevada State Board of Nursing.
3. Current ACLS certification.
4. Current PALS certification.
5. Current BLS certification.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.