Works collaboratively with the Dietary Department. Plans and/or modifies therapeutic diet and evaluates food preparation and service of meals for patients and LTC residents. Provides assistance in planning special occasion and seasonal event party menus for patients/residents.
Promotes the optimal nutritional status and dietary needs of patients and/or residents through on going assessment of the patient/resident’s nutritional needs, planning of the nutritional goals and strategies, implementation of the nutritional care plan, and evaluation of the effects of the nutritional care provided to the patient and/or resident while complying with applicable regulations.
Duties and Responsibilties:
- Conducts a comprehensive nutritional assessment of all patients and residents in the different units of the facility, i.e., Med/Surg/Telemetry, ICU, Swingbed, Long Term Care and Rehab patients, and Partial Hospitalization Program outpatients. Comprehensive nutrition assessment of all patients must be within the nutrition parameters of the MDS (Multiple Data Sheet) guidelines for the CMS (Center for Medicaid/Medicare Services).
- Consults with physician and other healthcare personnel, especially the interdisciplinary team (IDT), to assess patient’s further needs related to their total care.
- Identifies patient’s nutritional problem(s) and dietary needs.
- Develops and implements plan of care based on assessment of nutritional needs and available sources and correlates plan of action with other healthcare team.
- Provides scheduled patient follow-ups of planned dietary/nutrition intervention.
- Instructs patient(s) (or family if needed), in managing their dietary needs as applicable to their conditions, dietary pattern and eating lifestyle.
- Evaluates outcome(s) of dietary intervention and nutritional care planned for each patient.
- Documents all assessment, nutrition care plans and follow-up outcomes in patient’s medical record.
- Participates actively in the facilities quality improvement (QI) committee for dietary/nutrition problem observation, monitoring and tracking activities.
- Provides nutrition education and diet therapy to all patients needing intervention as well as BCH Medical Staff’s outpatient’s referral.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Clinical experience in the practice of Dietetics in SNF or Long Term Care facility, hospital, clinic, and/or rehab facility.
- Thorough knowledge of comprehensive assessment skills and full understanding of the Center for Medicare/Medicaid Service (CMS) guidelines.
- Good understanding and application of the whole nutrition care process (NCP).
- Patient/family nutrition education/diet counseling.
- Outpatient diet teaching.
- Should have a working knowledge of word processing software.
Education and Experience Required:
- Current registration with the Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR) of the American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (A.N.D.).
- Current licensure by the Nevada State Board of Health Division.
- Must possess a current Health Card.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.