To identify the professional qualifications and skills required to be assigned to the surgical staff of the Surgical Services Department as a clinically competent Certified Surgical Technologist.
Assist physician/surgeon during operative, invasive and GI procedures. Perform routine and delegated duties in the preparation and maintenance of the Surgical Services Department. Follow principles of aseptic technique. Observe safety measures in all patient care activities. Demonstrate understanding of required maintenance of instrument, supplies and equipment by proper cleaning, care, utilization and sterilization
Duties and Responsibilties:
1. Ensures operating suites and GI suites are adequately prepared for each procedure.
2. Cleaning, storage, packaging and sterilizing all surgical/GI instruments and equipment.
3. Ordering, storing and stocking of supplies.
4. Demonstrates commitment to the philosophy, goals and objectives of Boulder City Hospital, Inc.
5. Performs in accordance with adopted standards and approved policies and procedures of Boulder City Hospital, Inc.”
Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Understands and demonstrates competence and physical ability to perform surgical technician functions.
2. Demonstrates skill in oral and written communication techniques.
3. Demonstrates the ability to comprehend and interpret verbal orders and directions.”
Education and Experience Required
1. Graduate of an accredited school or Surgical Technology Program.
2. CST certification
3. Current BLS certification (recertified every two years)
4. Minimum one (1) year Operating Room work experience preferred.
5. Working knowledge of decontamination, sterile processing, instrumentation, and GI procedures.
6. Basic computer knowledge”
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.