To keep official corporation records and administrative policies determined by or in conjunction with other officials. Supports and carries out the facility policies. Coordinates Medical Staff activities. Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, department, and staff. Acts as liaison for Medical Staff, Nursing, Administration, and governing-body. Effectively and consistently communicates administrative directive to personnel and encourages interactive departmental meetings and discussion.
Must be able to read and write knowledgeably. Able to communicate effectively with management and personnel. Must possess excellent typing and spelling skills with a working knowledge of current Administrative policies, procedures and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilties:
1. Manages Administrator’s calendar and independently schedules appointments.
2. Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently when possible.
3. Prepares memorandums outlining and explaining administrative procedures and policies to supervisory workers and monitors compliance.
4. Arranges programs, events or conferences by arranging for facilities and caterer, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers and controlling event budget.
5. Directs preparation of records such as agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions for corporate meetings.
6. Acts as custodian of corporate documents and records.
7. Composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports and other complex documents.
8. Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files.
9. Arranges travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings.
10. Coordinates and monitors compliance with Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations to ensure that hospital policies and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
11. Provides support to the Medical Staff Medical Executive Committee, Service Chiefs and Committee Chairmen.
12. Maintains a physician computer database system that is up-to-date, accurate and contains necessary fields of information as determined from time-to-time by the needs of the department.
13. Responsible for supervising and overseeing Credentialing Coordinator.
14. In Credentialing Coordinator’s absence, acts as backup to maintain credential files and ensure all licenses, insurance and other mandatory items are current.
15. Prepares agenda and takes minutes of all Medical Staff Meetings. Assures follow through on all action items. Prepares annual meeting schedule.
16. Writes instructional policies and procedures for the department outlining what is to be done to comply with Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, hospital policies and regulatory requirements.
17. Responds to appropriate inquiries regarding Medical Staff members.
18. Prepares monthly physicians’ office calendar.
19. Prepares statistical and informational reports for Administration and Governing Body.
20. Submits Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and department policies and procedures for annual review.
21. Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Hospital’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications; and, all Hospital marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications and media relations.
22. Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Hospital publications.
23. Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist chapters in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
24. Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the CEO and Board.
25. Work with senior staff, other staff and volunteers to develop and maintain a strategic perspective, based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction in organizational direction, program and services, and decision-making; and, ensure the overall health and vitality of the Hospital.
Skills and Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Problem Solving:
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Develops alternative solutions.
• Works well in group problem-solving situations.
• Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
2. Project Management:
• Develops project plans.
• Coordinates projects.
• Communicates changes and progress.
• Completes projects on time and budget.
• Manages project team activities.
3. Customer Service:
• Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
• Responds promptly to customer needs.
• Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
• Responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Meets commitments.
4. Interpersonal Skills:
• Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Listens to others without interrupting.
• Keeps emotions under control.
• Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
5. Written Communication:
• Writes clearly and informatively.
• Edits work for spelling and grammar.
• Varies writing style to meet needs.
• Able to read and interpret written information.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities.
• Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views.
• Gives and welcomes feedback.
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Puts success of team above own interests.
• Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
• Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
7. Quality Management:
• Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Treats people with respect.
• Keeps commitments.
• Inspires the trust of others.
• Works with integrity and ethically.
• Upholds organizational values.
9. Organizational Support:
• Follows policies and procedures.
• Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
• Supports organization’s goals and values.
• Benefits organization through outside activities.
• Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
10. Strategic Thinking:
•Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals.
• Understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses.
• Displays willingness to make decisions.
• Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
• Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
• Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
• Makes timely decisions.
• Prioritizes and plans work activities.
• Uses time efficiently.
• Plans for additional resources.
• Sets goals and objectives.
• Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks
• Develops realistic action plans.
• Approaches others in a tactful manner.
• Reacts well under pressure.
• Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Follows through on commitments.
• Is consistently at work and on time.
• Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
• Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Volunteers readily.
• Undertakes self-development activities.
• Seeks increased responsibilities.
• Takes independent actions and calculated risks.
• Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
• Asks for and offers help when needed.
16. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
17. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interests, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
18. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
19. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience Required
1. Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, or six months to one year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Must have knowledge of database software, Internet software, spreadsheet and work processing software.”
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.