The Acute Rehab Registered Nurse executes comprehensive nursing care activities and provides nursing staff leadership. He/she assesses patient needs, plans and implements patient care activities, and evaluates the patient’s response to treatment. He/she manages activities within the therapeutic milieu and directs the delivery of nursing care by other members of the nursing treatment team.
Ability to lift, walk, carry and stand. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are represented of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and Responsibilties:
- Completes position responsibilities following established guidelines & protocols within the appropriate time frame.
- Completes work within an acceptable time frame.
- Demonstrates the ability to set priorities and optimally uses work time.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness in job tasks.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform work in an accurate and timely manner in periods of increased workload and high stress.
- Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions.
- Follows established procedure in performing job functions.
- Exhibits willingness to master new skills.
- Consults supervisor for additional assignments or independently assumes responsibility for unassigned tasks.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities as needed to continually improve their department’s performance.
- Regularly and routinely provides suggestions to customers, suppliers, and teams working on processes to identify innovations and ideas for improvement.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Maintains education and development appropriate for position.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices, emergency procedures, and personal protective equipment.
- Uses protective equipment appropriately, as prescribed by policy.
- Knowledgeable in, and follows department policies as prescribed.
- An active participant in department meetings, providing positive suggestions and input.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing professional development.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates bladder and bowel training programs and patient’s response.
- Demonstrates ability to perform complex tasks such as phlebotomy, IV insertion/maintenance, and central line maintenance.
- Carries out rehabilitation specific procedures utilizing therapeutic techniques for transfers, ADLs, feeding and communication, etc.
- Documents continuous assessment, interventions and evaluations relative to patient progress.
- Assists in emergency care if necessary.
- Utilizes universal precautions at all times to prevent spread of infection. Uses good hand hygiene.
- Evaluates patients for fall risk and implements treatment plan as needed.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans and updates daily.
Education and Experience Required:
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Two (2) years of experience in a health care delivery system is required, including experience working with Rehab patients.
- Current Licensure by the Nevada State Board of Nursing.
- Current CPR (basic life support) Certification.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.